All BMHC credential holders are required to obtain either 6 (first year only) or 12 contact hours of Continuing Education every two years and these hours must incorporate biblical principles and coaching skills with theory, knowledge, and practice.
Continuing Education is an all-encompassing term that applies to obtaining contact hours across a broad spectrum of post-secondary (beyond high school) learning activities and programs. Some examples include degree credit courses, non-degree career training, self-directed learning, experiential learning, seminars, workshops, conference presentations, and classroom lectures. The method and format of delivery may be face-to-face, distance/online learning, printed texts/workbooks, the use of videotaped/CD/DVD material, etc.
BMHC approved Continuing Education and competency activities are:
- Any AACC or Light University sponsored event, course or webinar
- Formally organized learning (college/university courses, workshops, seminars, professional or ministerial conferences, presentations, home study, etc.). The delivery of content may be either face-to-face or electronic (e.g., CD, DVD, computer, Web-based, etc.).
- Training experiences at churches or other Christian organizations that resulted in a certificate of completion or other verifiable documentation of participation.
- Publications (e.g., journals, magazines, etc.) that have a CE component and a process providing verification of completion.
Acceptable forms of documentation for Continuing Education activities:
- Certificates of Completion
- CE letters or other forms documenting participation
- Official transcripts and/or diplomas
- Reprints of published articles, book chapters, training materials, etc.
- Proof of presentations that were given and/or courses that were taught
- Formal letters from supervisors and/or consultants